COVID-19 / Coronavirus in Amsterdam
On this blog page we hope to give you all the actual information we can find on coronavirus in Amsterdam & The Netherlands.
In addition we published some links to the websites of official resources of the City of Amsterdam and the Dutch National Institute for Public Health and the Environment (RIVM) for the most updated information.
For the latest update concerning the virus COVID-19, visit these links for more information:
- Current massures in Amsterdam regarding Covid-19 pandamic
- Coronavirus in The Netherlands – Dashboard confirmed cases
- Coronavirus in Amsterdam Region – Dashboard confirmed cases
UPDATE: 13 February 2022
- 21-11-2020 – Partial Lockdown to continue
Measures remain necessary so we can protect one another. The number of coronavirus infections is falling. That is good news. We are following the rules, and this is having an impact. But we are not there yet, so it’s important that we maintain the partial lockdown. We will continue to limit our travel movements and contact with each other. We will continue to follow the basic rules. And we will try to help each other get through this difficult period. Read more →
- 28-04-2020 – Hospital admissions for 88 patients were reported today (current or previous). 48 deaths were reported
Total number of confirmed cases who are or were admitted to hospital: 10,609 (+88 today)
Total number of reported deaths: 4,566 (+48 today)
Total number of confirmed cases: 38,416 (+171 today) Read more →
- 21-04-2020 – Changes to measures after 28 April
The government has decided to extend most existing measures until 19 May 2020 inclusive. Primary schools, including special primary schools, will reopen on 11 May 2020. Group sizes in classrooms will be halved. Pupils will go to school approximately 50% of the time. All cafes, restaurants and mseums are closed until 19 May 2020 inclusive. In the week before 19 May 2020, the government will assess what measures are necessary in the period after that date. Read more →
- 17-04-2020 – Frequently asked questions about the approach to tackling coronavirus in the Netherlands Read more →
- 03-04-2020 – Overview of the numbers from RIVM & Current information about the novel coronavirus (COVID-19)
Total number of confirmed cases who are or were admitted to hospital: 6,286 (+502 today)
Total number of reported deaths: 1,487 (+148 today)
Total number of confirmed cases: 15,723 (+1,026 today) Read more →
- 31-03-2020 – BREAKING NEWS – Measures to combat coronavirus extended until Tuesday 28 April inclusive Read more →
- 30-03-2020 – Overvieuw of the number from RIVM
Total number of confirmed cases: 11,750 (+884 today)
Total number of confirmed cases that are or were admitted to hospital: 3990 (+507 today)
Total number of reported deaths: 864 (+93 today) Read more →
- 27-03-2020 – Overview of the numbers from RIVM
The total number of confirmed cases: 8603 (+1172 today)
The total number of confirmed cases who are or were admitted to hospital: 2500 (+349 today)
The total number of reported deaths: 546 (+112 today) Read more →
- 24-03-2020 – 63 patients deceased, 811 new patients, a total of 5560 confirmed cases Read more →
- 23-03-2020 – BREAKING NEWS – Stricter measures to control coronavirus Read more →
- 21-03-2020 – 30 patients deceased, 637 new patients, a total of 3631 positive tested people Read more →
- 20-03-2020 – 30 patients deceased, 534 new patients, a total of 2994 positive tested people
- 19-3-2020 – Eighteen patients deceased, 409 new patients, a total of 2460 positive tested people
- 18-03-2020 – Fifteen patients deceased, 346 new patients, in total 2051 positive tested persons in The Netherlands
- 17-03-2020 – Nineteen patients deceased, 292 new patients, in total 1705 persons tested positive
- 15-03-2020 17:40 – BREAKING NEWS – All restaurants and cafes have to close until April 6th. The same applies to schools and childcare facilities. Read more →
- 15-03-2020 – Eight patients deceased, 176 new patients, a total of 1135 persons tested positive Read more →
- 14-03-2020 – Two patients deceased, 155 new patients, in total 959 persons tested positive Read more →
- 13-03-2020 – 5 deceased patients, 190 new patients, in total 804 positive tested persons Read more →
- 12-03-2020 – New measures to stop spread of coronavirus in Amsterdam & the Netherlands Read more →
- 13-03-2020 – Additional measures novel coronavirus COVID-19 Read more →
- 12-03-2020 – Coronavirus infection in the Amsterdam-Amstelland region Read more →
- 11-03-2020 – One deceased patient, 121 new patients, in total 503 positive tested persons Read more →
- 05-03-2020 – Letter from the Mayor of Amsterdam Read more →
General Health Advice COVID-19 / Coronavirus in Amsterdam
- keep 1.5m distance (2 arm lengths)
- wash your hands regularly with soap and water
- sneeze and cough into your elbow
- turn away from others coughing or sneezing
- avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth
- use paper tissues
- stop shaking hands
- Avoid large groups (more than 100 people) and busy places
Coronavirus symptoms for Tourists in Amsterdam
Reported illnesses have ranged from mild symptoms to severe illness and death for confirmed coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) cases. The following symptoms may appear 2-14 days after exposure.
- Shortness of breath
If you have one or more of these symptoms and you are staying in Amsterdam as a tourist; please inform the staff of the hotel or call the Amsterdam Tourist Doctor yourself: https://www.amsterdamtouristdoctors.nl/
IMPORTANT!! In accordance with national regulations you are not allowed to go to any doctor’s office or medical center if you suspect that you have been infected with the Corona virus and/ or if all of the following things are applicable to you:
1. You have a fever (38 degrees or higher)
2. You cough or have difficulties with breathing
Contact the Amsterdam Tourist Doctors by phone +31-(0)20-2373654 (24/7) and follow the given instructions. You must stay inside until then!
Coronavirus Map of The Netherlands
The Dutch National Institure for Public Health and the Environment (RIVM) posted a daily updated map of The Netherlands with the total number of coronavirus reports: https://www.rivm.nl/coronavirus-kaart-van-nederland
Links to Official Resources
- Dutch National Institute for Public Health and the Environment (RIVM)
- Dutch Government information website about COVID-19 / Coronavirus
- City of Amsterdam
- Amsterdam Tourist Board
Is it possible to provide more news in Amsterdam currently?
I hope you can help me.
I want a busriver city map as a leaflet of Amsterdam.
Can you send me the plan???
Thank you very much.
as a coachguide I need up-to-date info on Keukenhof. I am supposed to visit with a group april 21.
When we visit Amsterdam many items are closed
Where can we use a restroom(toilet)?
You can try the restrooms in larger stores like The Bijenkorf or Hema.