Covid-19 Social Distancing Rules Amsterdam
Everyone needs to take care that they don’t spread the virus, at home and abroad. If you are holidaying in Amsterdam or in the Netherlands, limit your travel movements. Everyone must follow the social distancing rules Amsterdam. It is crucial that everyone with symptoms of COVID-19 gets tested. In our post regarding information about Covid-19 in Amsterdam you can find a dashboard regarding the confirmed cases in the region Amsterdam
Social Distancing Rules Amsterdam and The Netherlands
- Limit social contact
- Keep a 1.5-metre distance from other people everywhere.
- Wear a face mask in all indoor spaces accessible to the public.
- Face masks are mandatory on public transport and private commercial transport, such as taxis or passenger vans.
- Stay at home if you have any coronavirus symptoms and get tested by the GGD. If you develop shortness of breath and/or fever, your household members must also stay at home.
- Wash your hands regularly.
- Cough and sneeze into your elbow
- Use paper tissues and throw theam away immediately
- Take extra care if you are 70 or above or have undrlying health issues
Social Distancing Map Amsterdam
In the Social Distancing map you can see on a street level if social distance rules can be respected. It offers an overview of different factors, such as the width of the footpath and location of bus stops, affecting our ability to respect social distancing rules.
Travelling to Amsterdam
Travellers from EU countries, Schengen area countries and the United Kingdom can travel to Amsterdam. Travellers arriving in Amsterdam from certain countries and regions with high coronavirus infection rates are strongly advised to self-quarantine for 10 days. Please visit government.nl for the current travel protocols and regulations.
Check Schiphol.nl for the latest information about flights to Amsterdam and always visit your airline’s website to confirm any additional rules that may apply. To avoid crowds in public transport, an extra shuttle is available between Schiphol Airport and Amsterdam. You can also use the taxi services at Amsterdam Schiphol Airport. Please always respect and follow the social distancing rules Amsterdam.
There are no restrictions on travel within the Netherlands. However, it’s important to avoid busy places, so please keep this in mind when choosing your destination.