Amsterdam is world famous, but still a small city. All the areas bounded by the ring road are accessible by bike within 45 minutes. The typical cityscape of Amsterdam is created by the canals around the old center. The canal belt and the old city center are very popular because of the variety of museums and attractions in this area, but there is much more to discover in the other areas of Amsterdam besides the old city center. Each neighborhood has its own special character and offers plenty of sights and attractions. If you have some time to spend in Amsterdam, visit one of the other neighborhoods and explore a different Amsterdam.
Amsterdam Areas weergeven op een grotere kaart
Amsterdam Areas – information guide by area
Information guide area by area in Amsterdam with shopping tips, museums, attractions, sights, hotels, restaurants and bars for each area.
- The old center
- Canal belt
- Noord (north)| creative & active
- Westerpark (park area in the western part)| cultural playground
- Oud West (old part in the west)| hidden treasures
- Museum Quarter & Vondelpark
- De Pijp | vibrant melting pot
- Plantage | green museum quarter
- Oostelijk Havengebied (Docklands)| modern architecture & design